The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #26
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: I have $2000, looking for a complete airbag kit

mikey882 your entitled to your opinion, and we appreciate your input. When you throw the "minitrucker" moniker out there, you have to know from experience that the vast majority of the "minitrucker" builds are done with very little money, limited knowledge, minimal patience, and a lack of concern for safety.

I am not trying to be critical of anyone that currently is, or ever has been a "minitrucker" as I myself have owned a few so I speak from experience. What I was pointing out is we grew up, got better jobs, and had families. Now we can afford to buy quality components rather than Craigslist left overs, and we don't need to prove ourselves to anyone.

The truck and owner mentioned in another post that goes by the name of Hazel is a perfect example. Keith was a broke @ss "minitrucker" just like me when I first met him. He had above average fab skills at the time, yet he still saw the value in having items that were bought on his ride to make it stand out. It became a award winning truck and set the level forbuilds of its time.

Today he is a few years older and making a very comfortable living. He has mad fabrications skills, and a full service hot rod shop to work in. Even with that, he still sees the value in using prefabbed components. His truck is filled with many one off items that he designed and built, but takes no shame in bolting on a quality made suspension kit.
The awards and press coverage prove it to be a successful formula.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote