The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Pzary3233

Pzary's '63 Chevy Build Thread

Was cruising craigslist the other day and happened upon this little truck. It reminded me of the two my had had bought years ago and since sold. So I went to take a look at it seems like a mostly original truck with the deluxe and custom options. 230/3 on the tree.

The story: The previous owner bought it in '91 in Alabama, as a complete (supposedly original) truck for $10k. He then drove it for about 10 years and wrecked it. After it was wrecked it has sat for another 10 years or so.

The damage is quite fixable and nothing to worry over. The owner even included many of the parts to fix it. I also think that with the help of a guy at work I can probably save the original aluminum grille.

The worst part about the whole truck is the driver's side floor board where it has rusted through. That should be a pretty easy patch. It rusted because the door on the driver's side will not latch and did not seal.

Alright enough typing on to the photos. These were just after i got the truck back to the shop and found a storage spot at the end of the lot.

Who knows about the winch, all I know is that it works and it is not a warn. It's HUGE and rated for about 8k lbs.

This last shot has me confused... I do not see any sort of heater or anything... No blower motor, no nothing, but I do have two heater core lines coming out of the firewall.
Also the beige color must have been the original color?

I'd like to turn this truck into a decent daily driver and possibly down the road swap in a 5.3 and an NV3500 to motivate it a bit more so that I can haul my other toys.

I've got a '72 frame/parts truck so I am going to go the easy way and swap everything over for instant 5 lug and disc brakes. I've been looking at the static drop thread and really like what I see. I might add some helper air bags when the need for towing arises. I want the truck to handle and brake well. I am thinking about hydroboost from a newer Silverado as they are easy for me to grab.

Project list is starting to shape up, first part of it is to get it going in it's original form.

*Carb Inspection
*Clean fuel tank and lines
*Inspect/rebuild drum brakes
*Sort out turn signal wiring
*Clean Clean Clean
*Drive it completely "stock"

I'm new to the world of trucks, but I've had a few projects, here are the ones that are still in my garage:

Here are some past projects:

99 BMW M3 with an L33 5.3 and a T56:

After a little offroad excursion, excuse the lack of trim and parking light being held in... Memphis International Raceway claimed a few pieces that day at the track...

'68 Pontiac Firebird 350ci Pontiac and a Richmond 5 Speed

First car and will NEVER get rid of it. I am currently prepping a Pontiac 400 for the car and assembling a bunch of suspension goodies to make this car handle well. we'll see what happens!
Pzary3233 is offline   Reply With Quote