The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
cfan10

Cool Please, help advice is needed...

Ok, as stated before I had some f-d up welding done @larue. Outter frame by gearbox was welded, not good at all. The inner frame has cracks that were not welded, and it is cracked around the engine crossmember first bolt, near the gearbox.
I have all my receipts, even have a voicemail message from the owner for what they were supposed to do.
So I guess my question is how do I take it to the next level. Besides a complaint with the bbb, maybe attorney general, and civil court.
Also, does anyone know of any frame shops that actually know what they're doing, and do it? In or around Houston, Tx looking to get some estimates for court. As you all know this is a serious safety issue.
Been since 5/12/2009 just found out about the horrible work in april when cleaning up engine and frame to paint.

Labor describtion on invoice

Ck. Broken frame left front
Inspect broken steering gear frame mount. Frame mount for gear badly broken, steering linkage bent.
Straighten bowed tie rod. Remove steering gear and repair frame area. Grind and fit broken metal.Weld in extra support around mounting holes. Paint repaired area.
Check universal joints
Inspect and replace front and rear universal joints.
Lube both.
Check bent steering
Inspects damaged center link and straighten. Set toein

Outlined in pink, I see no such repairs. I just noticed that steve hunter did the work so, I'm wondering if the owner actually inspected himself.
I guess I'll have to have a shop check all their previous work. This really blows!

But as always thanks for (reading) and advice.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
cfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote