The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
400smallblock

how long did it take to get your truck on the road?

i had a 71 c10 in high school .im 40 years old now. i bought a 70 gmc 2 summers ago. couldnt resist.i love these old trucks. gathered motor/patch panels/aother parts untill 6 months ago. im in the rust repair stage. this is my 1st project like this. ive rebuilt engines,transmissions before and insalled/tuned them but this bodywork stuff seems to take forever.there was more cancer than i thought. am i going crazy ? anyone else feel the same way? i ve been trying to work on it every friday and saturday. well you know how that goes, family functions, etc. this saturday im helping the wifes friend move. another lost truck day. but there are more important things than my truck.it will be there when i flip the light switch on. i see a lot of fellows here taking cabs,beds off and painting the frames etc. i dont have the time or patience for that.not that its a bad thing. they look really good. i want to drive this puppy. im planning on rust repair, a yellow or orange paint job. relpacing the mid 70"s 350 with a 400 sb. and relpacing the 3 speed manual with a 4 speed truck trans. also going from 3.73 to 3.08 rears. no cab/bed removal. just looking for a solid driver, no show machine. something to take to local cruise ins. how many of you have trucks like this? how long did it take for your project from start to finish?
400smallblock is offline   Reply With Quote