The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
cory d

lady luck was on our side today

My buddy and i drove from his place on camano island to burien which wasa 70 mile drive to pick up a 76 short step c10 (he was going to buy it then i was going to buy the bed off of him then he would get a fleetside for it) with no engine and transmission for $500 with turned out to be a big disappointment. every peice of sheet metal was beat to hell and there was more body filler on it then i thought was possible so we walked away from that. then on our way to get some teryaki i looked on craigs list for another truck. long story short we met up with a guy an hour later in spanaway (you guessed it, about an hour away) and grabbed this for only $400 and $75 for the extra bed. i ended up with 2 beds for $200 and my buddy got the rest for $275, it shas everythin but an engine, rear bumper and a tailgate. it even has a SM465 like he wanted. the repop fendrs are a bummer but its nothing to cry over

we had to see it with a bed on it so we layed the complete one on there

cory d is offline   Reply With Quote