The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
Stanley0910

The FUZZ

Hey everyone I'm going to start a thread to track the build of my 1967 C10 LWB "FUZZY1". I have already started, and missed some pics, but I'm going to go from this point.

History on my truck:
My Great Uncle Harold bought this truck brand new in 1967, as his first new off the lot vehicle. Harold was refered to as "Fuzzy" for a few reasons, his name was Harry, he was bald, and as teen during the Great Depression he raised and sold rabbits for money and food. My mom was very close to Uncle Fuzzy, and spent a lot of time with him growing up. When he died there was no will for his belongings, so my mom purchased the truck at his estate sale with the intent of giving it to me. Well the truck has had some rough times, as Uncle Fuzzy lost his eyesight he had the tendancy of rubbing various things with the front fenders. I've had the truck in my possession now for 11 years, and in that time it's been caught in a flash flood and parked for several years off and on. Now it's my daily driver with the 250 and 3 spd, and is still kicking with just 98,601 original miles.

The project:
I'm going for a tasteful restomod, and it will be similar to the Holley Truck when complete, and it is staying as my daily driver. I'm getting ready for a 5.3 swap, and I want a 5 or 6 speed, but it looks like a 4l60 is in my near future and budget (my first child will be born in the next few days). Sold my 2003 Mustang GT a few days ago and have about $4500 to work with right now. I just put a CPP 2.5/4 drop with springs and adjustable pan hard, front disc conversion, and temporary wheels tires this weekend. Here are what pics I have on my work computer, looking forward to the journey.

Last edited by Stanley0910; 05-06-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Typo
Stanley0910 is offline   Reply With Quote