The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
1966chevytrucks

Can a 66 be a daily driver and a project?

So the back story on this ol 1966. I first put eyes on this truck back in 1995. It belonged to a friend in El paso, Texas. He had a lot of classic trucks for the mission that his family ran. All of there classics were named so that anyone could pick them out in the lot. This one was named or should i say is named Green machine. It drove great and was in pretty good repair back then. Years had passed and i hadnt seen the truck for a while but i was now out of college and wanted that old truck. A few calls to talk him out of it and now the truck lives in central illinois. As most do time was short and money even tighter. The truck had a hard life in the few years that i hadnt seen it. A few cans of krylon left it looking a little pale. So the project begins the fuel pump has since went bad and the carb is a little dirty. But the sound of the old engine was music to my ears.
1966chevytrucks is offline   Reply With Quote