The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
losthope

Re: Birth of a C10

This was posted on my thread on another forum by someone so this is what triggered my next update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by treb11 View Post
dude, if you're worried about an under hood fire PUT A PROPER DUAL THROTTLE RETURN SPRING AND BRACKET ON THE CARB. NOT BUENO !
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHope View Post
Lol I was waiting for someone to see that,If you look closely at those last engine pictures it actually has the dual return springs that are hooked to the lokar mounting bracket that bolts to the back of the carb, but the lokar springs are weak springs and dont allow the throttle to return all the way, I have a bracket for the jerry rigged spring your talking about that I have misplaced in the shed somewhere that bolts onto the front of the intake that I will install once I find it....The truck hasnt been driven yet and I definitely wont drive it like that, I just needed the extra stronger spring on there while I got the truck running so the throttle would return all the way while tuning the carb so it wouldnt be revving slightly from the weak spring not allowing throttle to completely return.....thank you for looking out and being concerned tho.
And this is the picture in question, you can see the spring that i quickly looped the end into the radiator hose clamp since it was a easy temporary mounting point at the time:

I mainly worked on the ford today but since my temporary secondary jerry rigged throttle return spring was brought up I felt like it needed to be addressed. I didnt find the spring mounting bracket I have been looking for in the shed but I did find a bracket that will work untill I find it..I bolted it on the intake and also swapped out the spring for another set of dual throttle springs I had.

Now The set-up has two sets of dual throttle return springs and actually pulls the throttle all the way back nicely and I like the Idea of a second set just Incase I took a picture so you can see everything should be kosher.

"What that grinding noise?Don't worry about that it will eventually clearance itself!"

1966 chevy c10 Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485977

1954 ford customline
H.A.M.B 54 Build Thread:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=622142

Last edited by losthope; 05-07-2012 at 09:08 PM.
losthope is offline   Reply With Quote