The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #1
mavdog32

My 54 Chevy 5.3 Turbo w/ C4 axles.....

Ok well I figured I would finally post up a build thread so here it goes.

Thread title pretty much lays out what is gonna happen with this build but in detail it is gonna be:

Suspension: C4 axles from an 85 vette, Dana 44 rear mounted up with Flat Outs Engineering kits. Trying not to C channel the frame so I will mock up the suspension and see where it sits then go from there. Still not sure if I am gonna run coil overs or air shocks. Running black torq thrusts in the 18" variety.

Driveline:
-Motor: 5.3 GM LS motor, iron block, all Callies forged internals, GM 317 heads CNC ported by Advanced Induction to 226CC intakes and 72 CC combustion chamber. Manley race valves, dual springs, titanium retainers, etc..( http://advancedinduction.com/LSX/AiL...cGMLS2Head.php ), Precision 76MM turbo,
- Trans: 4L60E, billet input and output, all the good stuff inside

Body: All original for the most part. Probably going to shave drip rails, add power windows and locks, and a stereo that will be as hidden as possible. Havent decided on gauges yet. Making some trick mods to the bed you all will see later, also planning on frenching headlights.

Paint: Planning on gunmetal and hot rod blacking all the chrome, grill, and trim. Gonna run custom Torq Thrusts powder coated black, they actually come that way!

Anyways thats the gist so yea here are some pics of the limited progress I have!

As I got it, minus some paint and filler

Me dreaming, I tend to do this a lot lol

Inside

Minus the front clip

The garbage that the previous owner attempted and fail at, thats a "Z" in the frame right behind the cab

Found a bed here locally for pretty cheap

Trans, untouched as of right now

New frame picked up last weekend in Albuquerque\

Layout for the shortening project on the long bed frame

My Rear end and heads will be here this week, Ill take some pics when they get here. Just found out today my junk yard block is cracked, the guy at the yard is giving me another block though so its cool!
mavdog32 is offline   Reply With Quote