The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
FAT TONY

I think somethings wrong

Alright well lately ive been having issues with my truck, first off it only hits 50 mph from first to second it normally does get some speed change but when i hit third gear the speed stays the same as it was in second but the rpms are still going up, i drove her today and she was having trouble taking off, at stop signs i would be in first and it would be barely moving like if i was trying to move it in a higher gear so that worried me a little, i drove it around the block a couple minutes and it started smelling a little bit burnt so i went back home open the hood and checked if the smell was coming from there but it was coming from the back i was looking to see if there was any smoke coming out the tail pipe but nothing then i saw a leak on the floor and noticed oil coming from were my drive shaft connects to the differential , I dont know what that means but i know it is nothing good so if any one could shine any light on my situation id really like to know whats wrong i also noticed there was oil all over my transmission but i did not find a leak any were ill keep looking though