The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2003, 09:23 PM   #1
GMC69

I just couldn't resist

Well some of you may have read my other post about my project hitting a wall
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...threadid=69573

Well I just couldn't put it aside. Today when I got back in town I went to one autobody shop. I wanted to get some sandpaper and what evr I needed after I sanded the paint off, well long story short they tried to get me to spend more money than needed.

Decided to check another place on my way home, ( more local) and guess what...... He was actually trying to get me to NOT buy the expensive stuff cause he said I didn't need it. Plus the sandpaper ( 8" self adhesive discs) were a bit cheaper from him too.

Nedless to say I bought 10 sheets of 80 grit for now and 1 40 grit ( have some rust ), plus some cleaner/prep to clean before I prime and I also bought some self etching primer ( one step) to seal the metal so it won't rust. I still have to prime on top but at least it can sit and won't rust.

So after today, I only spent 69,41$ so far on the bodywork part of the project. Maybe after I get it sanded down I may feel better and also know where I stand on this project.

Now to MAKE time to get this started panel by panel.

Just had to share since I am in a better mood now knowing the project is not dead yet. ( sorry for the LOOOOOONG POST! )

2019 Silvedrado 4x4
1970 Chevy 3/4 ton, 396BB, on air bags
GMC69 is offline   Reply With Quote