The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

White Smoke coming out Right Bank...Need some help Please!

Ok...so I knew I had a problem with smoke before, but now that I got the truck lifted, I wanna drive it, but don't wanna hurt it, so I'm trying to diagnose what's going on.

Specs...350 sbc (long water pump), hypertech dizzy, new plugs and wires, new valve cover gaskets, sm420, weiand intake, Holley 4barrel, hooker headers with true duals.

I start the truck and within a minute or two, the right header is noticeably hotter than the left, and the right muffler is smoking, but the left one isn't.

I sprayed around the intake manifold with carb and seafoam, no spike in rpm. fuel pressure is reading steady at 3psi at idle. I'm kind of stuck.

I don't know if it's a head gasket or not. Haven't noticed any leak in the coolant, resevoir still at the fill line, and the thermostat reads around 190 warmed up. But smokes like a pig out the right exhaust pipe. not using oil, and i freshly changed the oil 2 weeks ago. Pulled the dipstick and it's still super clean. Haven't used any additives other than a seafoam treatment a couple of months ago. Since then i've drained the fuel tank flushed the lines and am using new gas. I adjusted the float bowl fuel level on my holley today cause it was flooding out the carb, but i don't know why just one bank is smoking and the other is fine. or why the right side gets hotter than the left.

I started pulling plug wires and cranking over the motor to see if i could isolate a cylinder but smokes with each one of the plugs off. (i pulled starting with #2 cylinder plug cranked, plugged it back in and then did the rest on the right bank the same way)

Can anyone guide me in the right direction.

thanks, Jack
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote