The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
DustinU

Steve McQueen's Blazer

So it's official now... My Dad is the 2nd owner of his 1970 Blazer, the first being Steve T. McQueen! He always thought maybe, because of the shop where he bought it had a ton of Steve McQueen racing pictures on the wall.
My Dad bought his Blazer back in 1972 and has had it ever since. We always questioned why it has a Jimmy grille and a beefed up front posi-traction axle (not sure whats actually under there). We believe the front posi is there so they wouldn't get stuck while in Baja and could pull the trailers through the sand. The Jimmy grille also gave the truck an extra set of lights with out a light bar... just our thoughts anyway.
This truck is the reason I bought my 1969 Blazer and my brother bought his 1972 Jimmy, growing up in this one on all of our camping and desert trips etc.
He drove this Blazer across country shortly after buying it, and my brother and I got to drive it around in High School, now after just finding out it was Steve McQueen's none of us want to drive it

DustinU is offline   Reply With Quote