The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #11
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Rebuild on a shoestring.....continued

Now, back to the build.....

Paid for a factory tilt tonight. It's supposed to be ready to bolt in other than paint.

Then took the carb off the engine. Intake looks clean too. Looked under the truck and decided to try to get to the body shop earlier next week to do the last things I want to do with air tools. The undercarriage is fairly clean and the bed cross sills are very clean so it should look very nice all painted up under there. The only thing I need to do suspension wise is new shocks although it rides very nice they look bad and are 40 years old (spirals in the front at least) and I already have new kyb shocks I scored relatively cheap off ebay to go on it. Found the ones sold for the 4/6 drop are the same as stock according to kyb on their website and verified it with some guys who've used them before.

Someone's going to get a nice truck that's going to run well and look good...I'm thinking I might be able to get a little more than I first was asking with the new additions...(tilt/tach/restored interior/350/350combo) I guess we will see....
Attached Images

Last edited by VA72C10; 05-27-2012 at 12:00 AM.
VA72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote