The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

I started having electrical issues this past month. First it was draining the battery and I traced that to the starter circuit. But then it quit and I figured it was probably just a sticky wicket. But then I drove it the other day and the tach fried and it was blowing the main power fuse to the cab. It would start fine, but would not turn over after you shut it off and I'd find the fuse blown. Today I started trying to diagnose it, put the key to on with a new fuse, no problem. Had the wife turn it over while I watched the fuse, and it popped as soon as she let the key go back to on after it was running. I think there is something in the solenoid wrong and brough the starter to napa for testing. There was a problem with their tester, and they didn't have the part in stock anyway, so I pushed it back in the garage and will try again tomorrow.

Somethings missing...

One other thing, one of the other dads on my daughters softball team is a welder and has his own shop, with a nice big sheetmetal shear and a new (to him) sheetmetal brake. I talked to him at yesterdays game about bending up a nice radiator shroud for me. I just need to get the dimensions.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote