The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Jules

Brake questions

Hey every body, havent posted here in a while and now that google cant answer my questions I figured I would ask them here.

I did a front disk brake conversion on my 68 chevy but I didnt get a proportioning valve with the truck that I got the front clip out of. So after doing some reading I found out that I cant use my stock 4 drum valve with the disk brakes on the front.

I went to the local race shop and bought a rear adjustable proportioning valve and am just going to do my own plumming on the truck. The only valve that I need to get is a hold off valve but I cant seem to find one anywhere but thats not the issue right now.

So here is my question. The adjustable rear proportioning valve takes 1/8" lines, is it ok to run the entire rear brake system with 1/8" lines? From factory they had 3/16" line running to the rear brake hose then it split up with 1/8" lines to the wheel cylenders.

For the front system I am just going to run the 3\16 lines. I know it would make things alot easyer if I just had a proper proportioning valve but I have been to all the wreckers and every truck I find has 4 wheel drums.

Thanks for your time every one.

Julius
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote