The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
nopants

Opinions on a couple trucks?

I am looking to pick up a 67-72 C/10. I like the earlier models a bit better but am not too picky. I really want a shortbed but I can't find one for decent money. For now, Im looking at longbeds. I want a driver that I can restore. I don't have huge funds to do anything with the truck right now besides something like a 4/6 drop and any maintenance stuff it may need but in the future I would like to do it correctly as I have money and time.

So right now I am looking at two trucks:

http://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/3066087615.html

and

http://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/2967624807.html

I looked at the blue one a couple of days ago. It drives nicely and has a 350 with auto trans. The issue is that the paint isn't all that great, even though it looks good in the photos, and it has a fair amount of rust. The rockers, inner kickpanels, cab supports, floors, and more are really pretty bad. Some areas have been repaired as well, like the cab corners. It runs and drives great but I worry about how much it will cost to restore and if it will be worth it. The price is high but he is willing to negotiate and I can get it for $3500.

The brown one I havent looked at yet, but it seems like it might be a good deal, besides the manual transmission and dents.

Any thoughts?
nopants is offline   Reply With Quote