The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
FAT TONY

Finally

Alright so after a long week i finally got my clutch i took everything apart got the trans, bell housing, old clutch and flywheel off i was able to take all the grease and junk off of them and painted them a nice chevy orange .... wasn't able to install the new clutch because i came into a couple problems ...... first off i was told that i need to turn the flywheel but couldn't find a shop open on this fathers day Sunday, secondly my rear main seal is leaking i wanted to replace it but later found out i have to remove the oil pan to put in the two piece seal.. im wondering is it possible to maybe replace the two piece seal with a one piece? and if i can remove the pan without taking out the engine? also i read that normally these seals start leaking when your main bearings are worn is this true and could that be the reason to the knocking sound my engine makes? i noticed that when my harmonic balancer rotates it looks kind of wobbly i don't know if this could also be a sign of worn bearings?