The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
matts86chev

Talking Holy SHooT.

So this is my first post in awhile but I feel like the title is fitting. It's probably my own fault for letting things pile up and compound but hey I work 40+ hours a week and go to school full time... Anyways So here goes my list of help me pleases:

Main thing, which probably isn't really an issue but still good to hear of other people having similar experiences. Today it was hot and humid and my truck decided to vapor lock right as i got onto the freeway. It got started again after waiting a few hours but I still am wondering if there's a way to avoid that. It Has only done it twice in the past 2 years but still a major PITA when it happens. Also, when I made it home I opened the hood and it was smoking off the left side. No clue what from. Wasn't overheating though.

Second. All my headlights stopped working. On the wiring diagram the headlights and the high beam indicator are on the same circuit and that also doesnt work. A few days before the high beam switch got stuck on. I suck at electronics and have no idea where to start...

Lastly, my temperature gauge doesn't work anymore. This one seems like the easiest I'm pretty sure it's just a bad ground or loose wire but I might as well nag about it here.

So if anyone feels like helpin a guy out shoot all the advice you got at me!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by old Rusty C10; 06-19-2012 at 04:43 PM.
matts86chev is offline   Reply With Quote