The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
x ReAcT x

Shackle and frame bushings. Need help!

Hey everybody, a couple months back i purchased a 4inch BDS suspension lift kit with lifted leafs all around (not a fan of blocks) for my 86 gmc. My frame and axels have just got out of powdercoating so now im ready to get everything put back together but havent got far though because i forgot to order the bushing for the rear shackle and the bushings for the front shackle. Now the only problem i have is that nobody is seems to sell these bushings anywhere! I went to every parts store in my area, called BDS Suspension, called the lift shops around town and nobody was able to help. Finally I found someone at autozone who assured me that he had the right bushings and that they werent for the leaf springs. I tried to make him fully aware that i didnt need the bushings for the springs i needed them for the shackles. Sure enough 150 dollars later the package arrived at my door and they were the damn leaf springs bushings.... So heres my question I need some help to see if anyone sells these things. The guy i talked to from BDS (very helpful) gave me a number to a company called Daystar that make every bushing you can think of. http://www.daystarweb.com/
So i called them up and sure enough he said they make them and gave me the part numbers (front) kg02009bk (rear) kg02020bk but since they dont sell direct i have to go to one of their venders (JEGS, Summit, ect.)
But the websites dont post a detailed picture of the item or even give a description of the application so i have no clue wether they are right or not and i dont want to get burned again. My rear shackles and the hole is 1.5in.x2.375 or something close to that. Now for the front shackle its basically a hole in the frame that measures 3inx1.25in. Heres some pictures cause i know we all loved them. The last pic shows the brand new powdercoated frame getting rained on already... makes me sad haha
Attached Images

10 Bolt Axle Rebuild Tutorial:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536415
x ReAcT x is offline   Reply With Quote