The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
4Eyedtruck

Motor Decisions I need opinions

Hello all kind of new here I have a 59 Apache stepside i recently aquired and now am looking at motors for it and I need some opinions on what I should do. I Plan on cruising this thing on some trips and to shows so gas mileage is somewhat a concern but not major. I have a brother in law that used to be into mud drags and has some motors he said he would give me a 350sbc , 400sbc and a 454bb he said i could have if i wanted so im kinda stuck on what to do i had originally planned to just buy a crate motor and go that route then I found this build on a zz4 and am thinking that might be the route to go buy a short block to stage 4

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...d/viewall.html

Im wanting to keep my power brakes and add vintage air and keep my 700r4 for the overdrive my truck is already set up for a small block so Im kind of wanting to keep it that way but not opposed to the big block really either. I have thought of getting the 350 block and going to a 383 stroker with it and im really just not knowledgeable with the 400sbc so any opinions are welcome maybe yall could sway me one way or the other.

Would love this truck to beat my buddys silverado ss awd with cai blackbear tune and a small cam. but not looking to build a pure drag truck more of a cruiser that can beat him and surprise a few mustangs and camaros and still drive to the coast and back if I want to
4Eyedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote