The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
Roninwolf

Pawpaw's 72 Cheyenne Super

I just inherited my Granfathers 72 Cheyenne Super that he bought new in Nov 71. It's all original except wheels, rear bumper and exhaust. It has 88k original miles runs and drives but needs a new waterpump and a/c not cooling. Still have original wheels and hubcaps. The only major repair i know of was that it stripped the gears off the original timing chain in 1992 (old nylon teeth gear) and I installed a new timing set for him. I plan on keeping it original but the camper top has to go. The interior is great except for 1 spot on seat driver side stiching came apart (had plastic seat cover on it since he bought it) and he drilled some holes in dash for CB stuff ( He was a truck diver for 37 years) oh and has a/m fm 8 track radio still have the original radio dont know if it will still work yet. When I replace the water pump might put in electronic distibutor and will take more pics.
Attached Images

Roninwolf is offline   Reply With Quote