The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
laplander

At what Oint does adding Factory Options change the truck too much?

My 17 year old and I have been going round round on what constitutes a nice, stock , daily driven vehicle. He's got a '71 Longhorn and refused to go with polish strips when he puts in the new bed wood cause it wasn't original. I explained to him they wouldn't rust either, but it semed to fall on deaf ears. Being the nice kind of Dad that I am, when a solid truck tilt column came up for sale at a reasonable price, I bought it and showed him the pic. He WAS ABSOLUTELY mortified that I would change something like that away from a stock truck.

I figure this truck is going to last him for the next 10-20 years with the resto we're doing and proper mantainence. Why would he not want a tilt column, or a friggin stereo for that matter. He's driving me ragged trying to find steel 16" 8 lug wheels to go with his new tires, when we could have gone another route and done it cheaper.

Kids these days, you can't shoot 'em, and you can't pawn them. Ugh. Anyone else have kids this anal about stuff? I would have been GRATEFUL for a running Pinto in my day...
laplander is offline   Reply With Quote