The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
bigdlb12

Radiator Help (1960)

My 1960 Apache has the original radiator, and at 52 years old I think it has done its job.

In the past few months, I notice that my temp gauge would climb, when I would go and check the radiator, it still was full, I bought a new cap and problem solved. from time to time it would still climb.

However now I have a leak, let me correct that, a few leaks, I have gone as far as trying a few raidator leak solutions, the flakes and the pellets. Neither of which work.

LMC has my radiator, since none of the top autoparts do, but it is 459-500 bucks, I know it is 20" x 21" 1/2 and only 2" thick, my question to you all is,
Are there any other radiators I can use for my truck?

I would like a aluminum one, I found a "universal" one for around $200, from what I hear is that many times, the fans dont even come on because they run so much cooler than the old school radiators. But my pops is saying that it matters where the inlet and outlet are located, is this true?

I dont care in keeping the truck original, since almost everything is custom.

Thank you in advance

also, if you know of any other low cost solutions I can do for now, please let me know, i have a trip coming up in 4 weeks and really dont want to spend the money as of now.
bigdlb12 is offline   Reply With Quote