The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
72BBCK20

Exclamation 67-72 fog light switch placement

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but I have looked in from time to time. So I've tried looking though this site for this topic with no success so I have a question concerning those of you whom have installed fog lights or other items which require a switch in the cab. Where have you put your switches and if you' ve got pics lets see them. I know I can drill a hole pretty much anywhere on the dash but that just goes against my principals. I would rather make some sort of bracket and place just below the dash or somewhere I just can't think of right now.devil:

I am currently doing a frame off resto mod of my 72 K20 GMC, I've had it now for 11 years and it was a DD, was slowly getting all the parts which I needed to do this project during this time until, finally one of the springs in the clutch disk let go and the truck was stuck on the side of the road, my first instinct aside from the swearing was well if the trans has to come down might as well rip her apart. So now I am on the reassembly of the cab and I'm stuck with where to put these swithes!!! There will be two of them front fogs and rear fogs or work lights, handy for pinning a trailer at night.

So back to my build details, I am currently build IMO what is the truck GM should built but never did. It's got the following 427BBC600HP/NV4500 5 speed/NP205/D60front/14bolt rear, other mods include hydraulic clutch, hydroboost brakes, 6 inch lift, custom stainless exhaust, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom drive shafts front 1330 U joints rear 1410 U joints, blazer style fuel tank, crossover steering, yukon locker rear, Everything is being built or rebuilt by me with the exception of the motor which was done by a local engine builder who I know very well and he is king when it comes to BBC's, Pics to come soon.
72BBCK20 is offline   Reply With Quote