The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Bazzar c10

Bazzar's 86 c10 5/7 drop..

I finally got the time and resources to drop my truck.The first phase was to get my exhaust and c notch done, Then began the install of the rear end first,I went with the DJM 1024 flipkit and 2" drop shackles,Install is pretty strait forward keep in mind that is just a basic kit, Does not include spring plates and u bolts.The main problem was drilling the 1/2 inch hole in the factory spring plates,this was a educated guess at best , but turned out fine after we basically installed it then pulled it back out to fine tune it..also the stock plate does sit way to close to the drop shock adapter ,anyone else have that prob. ? The next problem we encountered was the drop shackle wouldn't clear the bed frame rail. There is not alot of info on it, So yes it must be cut to clear shackle. Other then a few minor setbacks it went well, with all that being said it probably best to just spend the money , $50 or less for the spring plates, The back being done we went upfront and installed my 3" drop spindles and cut one coil off the front spring which is approx 2" for total of 5" overall. The front went smooth until we realized the brake line were pinched right between caliper and spindle, a little tweak of the hard line fixed that,and yes i was very careful not bend it.The total drop took all day..a long one at that...So thanks for looking and I'll keep ya updated on my next project, rollpan and some tint..
Attached Images

Last edited by Bazzar c10; 07-02-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Bazzar c10 is offline   Reply With Quote