The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
Rat66

Airbag help needed

Hey guys. I just bought a 66 C20 Fleetside. The suspension in this thing is so bad I swear it is the factory shocks and springs. It is dangerous to drive on the freeway and is basically useless as a truck.

I have over the years learned many lessons when it comes to lowering/lifted vehicles. You can never go too high or too low. With that said, I have wasted a ton of money on suspensions only to end up replacing it later to go higher or lower. And sometimes maybe even again. I am trying to plan out this truck a little better. I want to be sure that each stage in this project will get me to where I ultimately want to be. That goal is to one day be bagged and laying the frame.

Now, my next stage in this project is to do something with the suspension. I have to make it safe and useable. I would like to buy bags for the front and rear as well as a cheap set of shocks (disposable). Once the bags are installed it would basically be used at roughly stock height until I am ready to tackled the front spindles and notching the frame. So I am looking for bags that will work for now at a stock height but can ultimately lay frame down the road.

I came across this link that basically looks like what I will want to do to start.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=129463

After looking through that post I came across this kit at ***************** for the front. You can get the airlift or slam bags with it. http://*************/-63-87-fullsize-...ag-bracket-kit. I don't know the difference between the bags and/or compressors, etc. Can you guys help me figure out what I am looking for? Kits? Brands? Obviously looking for the best value for my $$$. I am new to bags/air management systems and really would like to know what to look for and what to stay away from.

Thanks for your advice!
Shawn