The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
McKenna

ECE or CPP or LMC??

Hey fellas, I have searched for quite some time about which kit is the best. long story short i have some money i have set aside and a baby due in a month, this is probably going to be the last bit of cash i can throw at my toy for a few years but hey the wife said it was okay so atleast I wont be in the dog house over it

all in all i want to achieve a good drop (5-5) or 5-6 or so depending if i have to notch or not as well as a disk brake swap

the truck is a 1970, 1/2 ton 2wd step side. its in need of some control arms shafts and the buckets they sit in too so i want to do it all at once and hopefully they will outlast the truck

ive looked at the ECE kits
brakes are 899
drop kit is 759 or vise versa

overall your looking at around 1660.00 and that doesnt get me joints or tie rods

CPPs grand slam kit has everything that the ECE kit has minus the trac bar and the shock relocators, but also has 4 ball joints and 4 tie rods, the 2 things it doesnt have are only around 140$ to buy, but the CPP kit is 1300$, 360$ cheaper the ECE

From what ive found LMC offers 11" rotors instead of 12" and theyre stuff didnt seem as nice as that of CPP or ECE

overall are the KYB shocks that much better then those of CPP?? as well it seems that ECE uses stock OEM 63-70 Joints and tie rods and that CPP makes you replace your stock stuff with their conversion stuff, which would mean down time anytime you broke somthing while you waited for stuff from CPP

guys please feel free to correct me on any of this if i am wrong, this is just somthing ive thrown together in hopes of being steered in the right direction on this. I want somthing i can enjoy on the weekends, i dont expect to out brake a porshe but just want better stopping power then that of the drums i currently have, and the awesome stance these trucks have when they are lowered.

please feel free to leave comments about your current kit or any issues you guys have had with them i want to know as much as i can befor i order one.

also if theres any other recomended companys who make kits that are along these lines that i am missing ( i did look into POL and found there stuff to be really pricy)
McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote