The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
77nomad

91 4l80e np 205 (I'm new)

Hey guys,

I have been a member for a while but haven't been here in a looong while. I have a 86 SWb 2x that I was working a few years ago and used this place for help.

So I stop in today because I also have a 86 SWB 4x4 and it needs spring bushings. I was on Summits site and didn't know the dia. so I came back to find out. 1.5 OD? Correct?

Any how to the point. I stumble on to the 91 4l80e conversations on here. I see they are rare. Well I have a 91 2500 w/ a camper package outside that I was literally going to scrap next week. Its basically a 1ton in sheeps clothing. I have the window sticker and everything. I just wanted the drivetrain out of it at first. But now the gears are turning in my head.

Its been in my family since new, my step dad sold it to me 5 yrs ago. it runs like a top even with 250,xxx miles. The body is shot and it needs brakes. The 14 bolt drums are rusted on and I have more than enough vehicles so it has sat for over a year now. I know for a fact it has a 4l80, does that always mean it has a NP205?

My question's are what is this tranny transfer case set up worth? The adapter mainly? Should I just pull everything and do a TBI swap on the 86 4X4? I have everything except time.

The truck in question is a 53,000 mile 305 bone stock beast. The motor has "509" Vortec heads and a 700R4. Fun but still not a real small block. The 14 bolt from the 91 has 3.73's and a posi, will that bolt in? what would I do for the front axle? Leave the one in there and match the gears?

Any help will be appreciated.
77nomad is offline   Reply With Quote