The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
rs72z

Late model seat install

I bought a set of 08 f150 8 way power seats with the console and rear seats for my cc. As most everyone knows the late model seats set way to high in our trucks. So you have three options, either use them as is and have your head almost touching the roof or remove all of the power and make some new rails..... not a option for me or lower the hump in the floor.
I went with the last option. There are a few build threads on here that shows some of the install process. I am going to take pics and try and show how i am doing the swap. is my way the right way? I don't know but it is going to work and be fairly straight foward. Any one with a welder and some skills can do it.

I started by measuring the distance from my head to the roof with the burb buckets and then with the new seats. The new seats put me 3" closer to the roof.
I made sure the truck was level side to side and the used a level on the hump and measred down 3" and marked it all the way around. I then used a sawsall and cut the hump out.
I then set the new seat in and checked the height and it was right on with the old seats.
Attached Images

78 ccsb dually
4l60e
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=491551
rs72z is offline   Reply With Quote