The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
jus2qwk

first time running the truck at the track

Friday I drove my truck to the track and made its first down the drag strip (1/8)and well I’m gonna go ahead and tell you I’m not the best driver in the world but I left pretty happy and I think next time I can do even better. The truck has a solid lift 406 with some cheap aluminum heads, Richmond 6 speed and 373 posi rear. First pass I tried a second gear launch and it bogged down and then just wouldn’t run up the track ran a 10.7 then a 10.2 .. Then tried first gear and ran a 9.5 something, just awful times then we took the carb off and rejetted it and adjusted it some and what a difference! I ran the truck a few more times but my best run I did 2000 rpm launch in 1st spun a little out of the hole and spun pretty bad in 2nd and didn’t want to mess up the run and shifted slow to 3rd and ran a 8.87 with a 2.265 60 foot at 72 mph. I was pretty happy with that considering it was almost 100 degrees out so the air was really bad and I’m running 255/20 tire. I think I can get it down to low to mid 8s as is maybe even nudge into the 7s but I got to wait till next time for that. I had a blast and can’t wait to do it again
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1103c...chevrolet-c10/
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=598758
jus2qwk is offline   Reply With Quote