The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Root2812

Planning a swap for my 1950 Chevy in Minnesota

Hey guys,

I've been reading the threads and I bought the Motorbooks Complete LS swap manual but a few things I am still worried about. Here is the idea for my swap. I want the look of an LS and to be able to pull a scamp camper. Thats it, no crazy power or anything, just looks and towing. I just like that corvette look of the intake and fuel rail covers when I open the hood. I understand the 4.8 will probably be able to do what I want but I just feel the 5.3 will be a better investment. My biggest worry is placing the engine since it will be my first ever engine swap and there are no mounts to start off with. Does any one have some tips or links to build threads for an advanced design truck getting a 5.3?

My next question is if I snag an older (00-02) truck 5.3 and I want the look of the car intake is there going to be a major difference between the LS1 or LS6 intakes? Thats what confuses me the most. I know the LS6 is more power capable but will an ls1 intake do what I want it to do? The LS1 intakes seem to be quite a bit cheaper than the LS6 intake. In fact there is an LS1 intake local for only $100 and the ebay LS6 ones are atleast $300.

I do plan on sending out the computer for programming but I want to take a stab at modifying my own harness. I'm definately not afraid to screw up on this but I atleast want to make sure I gather the right parts for the whole project.

My most important question.. Is there any one near by the twin cities that has done an LS swap and will just show me their truck and talk about their experiences in exchange for a few cold brews?

Sorry for all the text for only 3 questions.

Thanks in advance.
Root2812 is offline   Reply With Quote