The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
AirSpeed

Smog

I sold my 87 K5 to a kid I know, he smogged it last week and was told it almost passed but would have to be taken to a Gold Star smog station after he fixed a few issues like the plugs & wires, change oil, basic tune up stuff. Today he was told by the gold star station that it passed emissions but he couldn't give him a cert because it blew a puff of white smoke when he hit the gas. The guy tells him he might need the heads done, new EGR, and maybe a new cat converter. The kid and I have already put a lot into this thing, he can't afford new heads right now and I'm already out way too much on it as well, I gave it to him for $1500 and put half that much back into it to help the kid out. Anyone have any experience with these Gold Star smog stations? Any ideas how to get it to pass without spending more money? By the way the kid and I agreed he would take care of the smog. Thanks for any suggestions, this is a good, hard working kid, kinda rare these days, I really want to help him out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by AirSpeed; 07-14-2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Sniff to smog
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote