The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
osbornl1

Warn winch bumper questions/photos?

Ok so I have been busy. Got a flatbed mounted up and found a practically brand new warn transformer winch bumper without brush guard on Craigslist locally. Picked it up it was very clean and never had a winch mounted it in.

It too came off an 84 cab and chassis.

So take off my front bumper which was a pain. And go to mount up this one and it's like my frame is 2 inches to short. Checked the mounts on the bumper thinking maybe I needed to reuse them. Nope. Well my frame is at an angle up front so I got 2 of 4 holes on each side mounted up for now till I can fab some 1/4 in thick brackets.

My question is does anyone still run this bumper and can you post pics of it mounted to the frame? Anyone have directions they can scan and post?

Also will 4 to six grade 8 bolts be enough to support the pull from a 12 to 15k winch? I know my jeep use to only use 4 bolts in the frame but that was a winch half the size I wanna run.
Posted via Mobile Device
osbornl1 is offline   Reply With Quote