The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
oldspowered67C10

67 short fleet resto-mod

Ive been meaning to make a build thread for awhile now and I feel like I'm far along enough with the build that I can start posting pics and not have too long of waits between new pics.

Start with the back story, Ive had this 67 for around 15 years now and although it has gone through some changes and spent some long times dormant I decided 3 or so years ago that I would do a complete frame-off with it and just be done with it.

I had done some street rod type mods to it back in the 90s and decided that this time Id go a different route and do a resto mod. My plan was to leave as much stock as possible but the things that made the truck tough to live with on a daily basis or were just plain ugly Id change. I was hoping that when done it would have drivability similar to a modern truck, modern brakes and upgraded steering. a tighter chassis and a quieter cabin, a more highway friendly gearing and modern instruments and stereo.

I suppose Ill start the pics with the frame, some of these pics may be out of order but bear with me, if I have pic taken later that better shows the current subject im gonna use it.

I first wanted to upgrade to the 68-later integral box type power steering box. I notched a bit out of the frame, welded in a bit of pipe to clear the larger box and made stand offs similar in height to the ones on the 68-later frame.

Ignore the time stamps on the pics, I rarely set the time/date on my camera.
Attached Images

oldspowered67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote