The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
NoNeck

HELP! I need Correct Custom Windshield Weatherstip

Hey guys -

Trust me, I searched the forums, but couldn't find a source and part number for the CORRECT windshield rubber for a '70 GMC with custom trim. The windshield has the wide stainless moldings that insert into the rubber gasket.

We ordered one from LMC Trucks specifically for the 1970 GMC Custom. The part number was 38-5912, and clearly listed in the catalog for this truck. The windshield installer looked at it today and said it wouldn't work (after he had removed the old windshield). It had the slot for the trim, but it was 1/8" too shallow, and didn't have the "L" channel near the bottom. I talked to a lady at LMC Trucks who had absolutely NO CLUE about what I was talking about. She said it is either the 38-5912 or 38-5910. The 38-5910 has a slot that is only 3/8" deep. She suggested that I just replace it with the Standard windshield weatherstripping. Nice...

I have attached a couple of photos showing measurements for the stainless trim as well as a photo of my old windshield rubber.

If a Vendor, or someone who has solved this problem in the past could point me in the right direction, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks!

NoNeck
Attached Images

If it costs you a dollar to make a friend, KEEP THE DOLLAR.
If it costs you a friend to make a dollar, KEEP THE FRIEND.
NoNeck is offline   Reply With Quote