The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
MrHotRod5263

Unhappy Hello from North Louisiana

Hello to all,

I am new to the board and the old truck game, but not new to Automobiles.

I am working with a 1971 C20 , 350 cu in, th350 , Eaton Ho52.

I actually let my self get SEVERELY screwed in trading for this truck. But being impatient, and Overly tired during a midnight transaction, i can only blame it on myself.

I Drove to Mississippi late one evening to trade my 05 Honda VTX1300c (perfect running bike, would of ridden to alaska and back with no hesitation) , for this truck . Saw a few pics over internet and relied heavily on owners word.

The truck turned out to be NOT Daily Drivable, needs brakes all the way around, rear wheel cylinders leaking , radiator leaking once warm , had a bunch of electrical gremlins from poor grounds and one wire being pinned in wrong location on cluster ( Thanks VetteVet you ROCK ), Hei distributor installed but not tuned for the stock 350, carb gasket leaking, all the window rubbers are dry and cracked, vent windows open poorly, passenger window is a to open and close. ALOT of painted over rust. and the list could go on.

Needless to say i have my work cut out for me, and hurt butt i can only blame on myself.

This truck at midnight with a **** ton of lipstick seemed decent and a quick fire up and drive around the block seemed ok. I was wrong..

If anyone has some pointers on the rear end adjustments , dis-assembly, re assembly and the H.E.I. adjustments, i am open to any help i can get
Attached Images

MrHotRod5263 is offline   Reply With Quote