The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
KAOTEK

1972 Blazer

Hello everyone! Just recently picked up my first blazer, and beginning the process of determining the order of of things i'll be fixing up on it. When i purchased it from the po i was told that it was all original, and never restored. The odometer read 4700 miles which the po insisted was actual and that it didn't roll over. lol. The truck was in good shape, but the wear indicated it was 104k. I really didn't care either way, i just wanted the thing. The truck bed sides were lined in hardwood, which of course i was told was original as well. Once i purchased it i wanted to get more info about the truck so started searching around and found it listed for sale on a site a few years back. It verified my thought that it was an older restoration with 104k, and the hardwood was added. Truck is in good shape with the exception of some bubbling paint in a few spots, leaking steering gear box, and other seal leaks. Going to start with the gear box replacement, and take it from there. Also need to get the radio figured out. I had hoped the dash was already cut since an aftermarket was in there but it wasnt, and i just cant bring my self to cut it. Will probably go with the retrosound or possibly a rebuild or different mounting spot.

http://photobucket.com/72blazer-k5/
Attached Images

KAOTEK is offline   Reply With Quote