The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
FAT TONY

Im back with a couple more questions

Alright so lately ive been to busy enjoying riding around in the 64 ever since i put the new clutch in, but now once again im having some issues, first issue is the knocking that sounded bad now sounds worst, i haven't gotten to re adjusting the valves but i know for a fact that is one of the issues , you can here two types of noises one is a knocking sound coming from the lower end of the engine and the other is a rapid ticking from the top end, more than likely the valve adjustment..... im not to sure of the lower end noise though, could it be that i need a crank kit or something?

second issue, my transmission makes a grinding sound when going into third, i adjusted the rod as much as i could and got rid of the grinding when going into first and second but third still grinds, it still engages after the grinding noise but i really don't like the sound of it and wonder if it causes any harm to the transmission gears,...... there is also another sound that you can hear im not sure how to explain it but ill try to upload a video over the weekend, some one told me it is just something lose that is rattling around but im not to sure of that

iv got the turbo 350 transmission, but i need the torque converter, and the cross member to support it, i also got a hold of the two 350 engines i was talking about, one needs rebuild, the other one although not pretty still runs, hopefully i can get a bit of money together and get all the things needed to install the transmission and engine,

this is the engine that needs a crank kit i think its an early 70's model from a nova, ran at high rpms left no oil at the lower end and started knocking i will take the pulley and water pump of this one and put it on the running engine

this is my running engine from a 84 pickup 4 bolt main, needs some degreacing but runs, hopefully ill fire it up in the next week or two just want to open it up and see the insides first, also want to replace all the gaskets as well, but all and all its pretty decent

and this is a big block sitting at the shop, its going to go into a 72 pickup