The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
BK
BK Built

Project BADBURB - in honor of BADPANL -RIP-

Some of you may remember me, most probably won't. I'll make the intro short.

Back at Wyotech I started the build of my 65 Chevy Panel. A 6" chop while at school, along with a mild lowering. Got home and the bug bit. Tons of new sheet metal, 4" z, 3" spindles, disk brakes, 10" notch, watts link, etc. Laid frame pretty hard. Sat about 4'1" or so high. 700r4, fully shaved bay, etc. Lots happening. It was parked here in WA while I was in OR. A few days before I was coming to get it, I was in an accident in my Subaru in Oregon. Totalled it. Oh well, at least I had my Panel right? Wrong. Same night, some jerk torched it. Total loss.

and after...

Anyway, I've been wanting to build another one since '05 when it got burnt down. Well, I finally have the shop, the time, the money to do it, so I snagged a 65 Suburban.

So I've got a handful of plans for it. Only going to disclose some at the moment, being the 6" chop and airride again. Lots more up my sleeve. The goal is to be done in 2 years. Hope to have it on the road by next summer. I'm very excited for the build, as I've learned a TON since my last build, my skills have improved, my tools have improved, etc.

Anyway, will probably start on rust repair here next week. Summers I'm swamped work wise but fall and winters are slow, so that's when it will be ripping. If anyone needs any of the side glass, let me know. Wont be needing it. Or the rear glass even.

Cheers

(btw, I hate my user name)
BK is offline   Reply With Quote