The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #11
rendus

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

I swapped my tired 250 this spring for a gooder used 250 from a '66 Impala. I figure at $250 I can't go wrong. I never could get the Rochester BV that came with the motor to run right, even after rebuilding it. It would bog off idle when you hit the throttle and just seemed weak. I still had a Holley 1940 that came with my truck originally that was already rebuilt so I thought, what the heck!

I had to fabricate a wooden spacer for the carb since the the throttle linkage was hitting the intake. Long story short, I buttoned everything together this afternoon, set the timing, and the idle and off I went on a test drive. I drove it like I normally have to with the old motor and the old carb: lots of gas. Low and behold what's that sound I hear? Tires squealing! It's never done that! Runs like a raped ape, I was grinning all evening...