The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
70monte

What would be a realistic offer?

Someone is selling a 72 chevy truck that I'm interested in. He bought it off of the original owners. It is a factory 402 BB with auto tranny and has AC. That is pretty much it for options. It does still have the original AM radio in it, the original hub caps, as well as the owner's manual. It has the rubber floor covering instead of carpet. It has around 133,000 original miles on it. From his description and the two pictures he sent me, the truck looks all original. It is that darker yellow color with white roof. He says it does have some rust in the rockers and on the bed but that the floors are solid. He said the truck is straight other wise. He said it runs good and that all of the lights and gauges work. I have not seen the truck in person yet since it is a little ways off from where I live. I plan on trying to go look at it this week if he still has it and I've asked for some more pictures.

From the driver's side view of the picture he sent, the rocker panel rust on that side is not very visable. You can see some rust holes over the rear tire on the lip of the bed. I would post the two pictures he sent but I can't find my cell phone cord to hook up to the computer.

He is asking 2,500 OBO. The price seems pretty good compared to a lot of other trucks of this body style that I see for sale around here but I would like to hear what you guys think. Thanks for any input.

Wayne
70monte is offline   Reply With Quote