The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
True 67

True Love

Well hello to all,
Like most I've been lurking aruond here looking at all the different builds and drooling over the craftmanship of my fellow board members projects. So I have decided to add my build to the list of projects. I bought my project a couple of years ago right before the 4th of July because I though at teh time it was a good deal for $600. I am currently working on a 67 Firebird and i wanted a 67 C10 to go along with it. Well i was only able to get a Bill of Sale with the truck so I went down to get it registered and to see if i could get a title and to my luck i couldn't get a title. As it turned out the truck was registered by the previous owner as a 70 C-10. cause I was specifically looking for a 67. And then it was a GMC and not a Chevy. I said to myself.. Self..it happends to the best of us. So truck has been sitting cause my 67 is going thru a full restoration and the only original parts will be the VIN and hull of the car. I am doing all the welding myself or at least attempting.

So this brings me to where I am right now. I am lookig to buy some suspension/brake parts and don't want to have to do it twice cause my other ride is breaking the bank. The front end has already been converted to 5x5 dics but they deated the coils up to drop it. So I don't know what erally under there. The rear is still 6 lug which i plan on coverting to 5x5 and dics. I would like to get some input on the best route to go from some of you who have already made that journey. This will be a slow build but hopefully as long as the funds allow a steady build. I also have a LT1 with a 4L60E waiting to be put in. As soon as i can I will post pics of the ride as i know everyone LOVES pics. Thanks in advance to all replys...

True
True 67 is offline   Reply With Quote