The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Which color for the interior?
Black 69/70 Scroll 5 25.00%
Black / Tan houndstooth 7 35.00%
Black / White Houndstooth 2 10.00%
Red / Black Houndstooth 4 20.00%
Tan / Tan houndstooth 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
CC69Rat

Poll : Please help me choose my interior color

Some may have seen the truck before, but I have a 70 GMC Sierra Grande. the factory interior color was 'Gold' on the SPID. The color is really light tan, not really parchment and not saddle. I haven't seen too many with this color but that's a bad thing too. I'm having trouble finding the right color for the seat covers. I have a set of buckets and console going in this truck if that changes your opinion, the bench has been sold.

More or less I'm considering changing to Black. Should I do Black with the 69/70 scroll, or maybe Black / Tan houndstooth ? Black / White houndstooth ?

The carpet is black, the steering column has been painted tan to match the original color. The glove box door is also tan.

I even considered red, red / black houndstooth. If I do that, I'm afraid the column and dash top would look goofy. It also has a tan colored headliner in it now.

Before I buy my door panels I just want to decide on a color a little easier to find than the tan ones. Classic Industries offers a 'Sandalwood' Color bucket seat cover and I have a set on backorder but I'm not sure I'm going to get them. CI is having problems getting them from their vendor.

Here's the truck. It will be dropped soon, Billets, etc. More pics in my thread.

Black / tan houndstooth ? .. that's kind-of where I'm leaning. Black console, carpet, 70-71 CST door panels. Sound good?
Attached Images

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote