The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
stexag

Keep the 6?

Been lurking a while, here and the other forums, trying to decide on a direction with my '49 5 window. I originally intended to sell it and shop for a little later model. After putting a some elbow grease on the '49 I've fallen back in love and think I'll just keep it and make some upgrades. I've modified my truck over the years with the intent of keeping it as stock-looking as possible. I rebuilt a 261 for it and it runs like a top. The gear was out and I put in Patrick's 3.55 gear keeping the torque tube rear end. Stock: springs, stance, wheels, and steering. Stock 3 speed w/ synchs out too.

Now I'd like to wade a little farther from shore and I'm studying IFS, different rear ends, improved brakes, and the S-10 frame swap. The last one there stems much from my desire to switch to the T5 which requires I swap rears anyway...

So my question is this. Is it crazy to contemplate all these options all the while planning on keeping my inline 6? Is it even possible? I built that six myself and I like it; I like the sound even more. Thoughts? I know this is a forum and pics speak louder than words...

stexag is offline   Reply With Quote