The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
cclaeys

Electric Fuel Pump - Aftermarket

Hi guys, first post, but probably have read about 10000 on here so far...what a great resource. I bought a divorce on wheels last week and have been trying to get it baselined (want to be able to put the rubber to the road) - runs and drives just fine, but had some signal, light things that didnt work and subsequently figured that it was the non existent ground straps, starting with electrical because there was some hydraulic trailer brake and tons of other misc crap everywhere. It is a 1970 Jimmy with a 350 and sm465 4 speed, but there is an aftermarket electric fuel pump bolted to the rear cross support, found that after dropping the tank to figure out why the fuel gauge wire was disconnected. I know there is a mech fuel pump at the base of the engine, but how should I handle this other one...it was connected to some solenoid looking thing under the dash wit a bunch of zip ties and cheapo connectors so I am pretty sure it isnt factory. Thanks for the help and sorry for the rant....

Chris
cclaeys is offline   Reply With Quote