The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
lynchiii

Another new owner

I figured I would finally introduce my truck. I have been going through the forums for a few weeks, i've already bought a few things, and I plan to buy quite a bit more. I bought this 1970 off of a guy in town, didn't pay much, so I didn't expect much. He told me the 350 engine was out of a 70's model vette, but after trying to piece all of the numbers together, it looks like a 77 chevelle or nova. The engine is backed up by a 400 Turbo and a spicer drive shaft. There is also a performer RPM intake and a edelbrock performer carb.

There are quite a few things on the truck that i'm not sure is stock or not.. Did the 70's models come with front disc brakes? I still want to do the conversion for the back drum brakes. I also don't know if it's a stock lift or if it's been dropped. I see a 383 conversion in its future as well. There are quite a few rust spots in the rockers and bed, but I bought this truck to play with, I don't see the fun in having one that is already perfect.

I haven't decided what all i'm doing to the truck yet, but i'll be playing with it quite a bit.
Attached Images

lynchiii is offline   Reply With Quote