The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
DoubleL

Do you have a vision for your truck?

Okay, maybe that's a little deep
I bought my truck with the intention of using it as a daily driver and making it a "nice looking work truck". I still plan on putting power brakes and steering. I want to bag it but not for the reason most people do I have no intention of lowering it I want it for the ride comfort.
However in the 8 months or so I have had it some things have changed. I decided early on to keep the 292 straight 6 and have already put an HEI, Clifford intake with 4 barrel and long tube headers.
After that I had a 700r4 installed and I currently have a 6 lug posi 3.73 rearend sitting in my garage to replace my howling stock rear end soon.
In order to drive it daily all seals, fluids and the belt were replaced.
Some of my plans have changed, I no longer will install a newer silverado seat with integrated seat belts. I want my interior and exterior to look "period".
So it may not be totally stock but anything visible from the outside or interior would have been available in'66
Looking over my list I guess have got a lot of major things done. I have been focused on little things now. I replaced the glove box and am building a custom gauge cluster for it.
I like the stock blue but ever since I pushed that big Yellow Tonka ( you know the one!) around in my backyard dirt pile when I was 5 I have had an eye for bright yellow trucks.
Attached Images

DoubleL is offline   Reply With Quote