The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Cue-Ball

Short rear shock recommendations?

Tried to search the forum first, but search seems to be broken. So, I'll just pose the question here: Anyone have recommendations on short rear shocks that work well and last without costing an arm and a leg? My truck is lowered ~4" all around (cut springs and spindles up front, shackles and hangers in the rear) and is using the stock shock mount locations. When I lowered the truck I put on a new set of rear shocks that were supposedly made for my application. I don't know what brand they are, but they are total crap. My truck has had a bouncy ride since the day I put them on and now, less than a year later, it's so bad I can't stand it anymore. I might as well just run with no rear shocks - it's that bad!

So, does anyone have a recommendation for short rear shocks that will work well, last well, and firm up my ride without breaking the bank? I know a lot of guys recommend the Edelbrock shocks as a budget option, but they don't make a shock short enough for a 4" lowered application.
Cue-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote