The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #27
INSIDIOUS '86

Re: 84 K10 is still gutless after cam heads intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhino View Post
Im with Centipede on those TBI heads. I been planning the engine build for my crew cab and actually went looking for those heads. iv done quite a bit of research on them. heres what iv found. There junk they dont flow for **** and that big hunk of cast right in the middle of the runner just flat ****s up the flow. at the upper rpm range, most guys throw them away. now that iv said that. these heads work great for low end torque. the swirl port actually works at low rpm about 3500 and under . and if you clean up the exhuast port it flow pretty good to. The set i have have been surfaced and mild pocket port done there are a small 58cc. and yes i will be running a dished piston. Im hoping for some awesome torque numbers and great fuel mileage. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Dont give up on that head just yet. I cant wait to get started on my engine. So keep us up to date on what you find.

Oh its just my opinion but I wouldn't run a edelbrock on anything. plus it might be to big. Im willing to bet if you got a smaller carb it would run better and accelerate better to. good luck to you
How would a smaller carb go faster? That makes no sense even 305s make more power with a 750 vs a 650. A cylinder head that is designed to help torque for a STREET car that's driven daily with a small cam and and small carb or injection would benefit. Otherwise in an out of stock application or anything that isn't trying to max you mpg on the street the heads are pretty much worthless.

So vortechs and zz4 l98 heads are about the best in terms of factory performance and price. The l98 head would be the best with the 58cc chamber and 175cc runners
Posted via Mobile Device
377 sbc thumpr cam autogear m23 muncie 3:73 Detroit trutrac
3''spintech prostreet mufflers xpipe 1 3/4 headers
build thread !http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=577217
Iroc gauge threadhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=554511
INSIDIOUS '86 is offline   Reply With Quote